Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pre-Departure Excitement

Imagine leaving the country for the first time and heading to an environment that is both beautiful and challenging in ways that you have never experienced.  What would you be most concerned about? What would you be most excited about? Woven throughout our GIEU experience are exercises to encourage thoughtful reflection pre, during, and post-trip. Many of our students had a moment to share some of their reflections.  See below to read a little about what they are most excited to experience.

I am most excited about the fact I will be far removed from things that tend to consume everyday life: electronics, television, cell phones, and computers seem to be a necessity here at home, and I think that it will be an eye opening experience to spend some time away from these things. On top of all of that, the place we are visiting is an incredibly unique place that is sure to be filled with once in a lifetime experiences.

Traveling abroad for the first time. Seeing the city, seeing the rain forest, learning a new culture in an incredibly unique place that is sure to be filled with once in a lifetime experiences

I'm excited for the fresh air and peace of mind.

Traveling abroad for the first time. Seeing the city, seeing the rain forest, learning a new culture.

The whole experience. There's no one thing I can put my finger on but every individual aspect of it sounds so amazing. What I'm really looking forward to though, is the changes that I'll be making to myself and my inner !thoughts, the different perspectives I'll be experiencing, the things I'll be learning from an entirely new experience.

Seeing animals

I am most excited to go to Ecuador, a different country that I don't know much about. I am excited to just see a new place, to meet new people, to attempt Spanish, to see the rainforest!!!!

I am most excited about observing animals living in the Amazon. I am also excited to do mindfulness exercises by interacting with nature.

I am most excited to see the animals. I love animals and zoos and seeing them in the wild is going to be such a thrill.

I'm really excited to be in the rainforest without internet or really any technology for a few weeks. I feel it will be very liberating.

Experiencing a completely new ecosystem.

Visiting Ecuador in general! And roughing it out in the Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment