Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I Need to Eat More Soup at Home!

July 23, 2014
By Marjai K

Weather:  sunny, blue skies, slight breeze, es perfecto, then some rain for like 10 minutes, then normal
AM activity:  planning our schedule and working on copper
PM activity:  Day 1 of work with sand to cover the volleyball court

Breakfast:  french toast, tang (jupi)
A little awkward for me and Youngin because we sat with the Columbian students and they didn't talk to us much, but I got to hear Spanish, so there are benefits

AM:  We had to wait around to find out our station service job because Diego (new station manager) didn't feel well.  After a couple of hours, we got an agenda for the rest of the week.  Now we are following it and are working on our copper.  There are, unfortunately, more people than tools, so I have to wait.  Leonard is playing the music, 90's pop hits (which I love, it's my saving grace).  I eventually take a nap.

Lunch:  (less awkward) that amazing potato thing (llapingacho), beets :-(, eggs, pork :-), and soup as always (which I love).  [I need to eat more soup at home!]
(Lunch at the station begins with a delicious bowl of traditional Ecuadorian soup.  This soup was one of our favorites!  A potato based soup that you top with popcorn!)

PM:  After some free time and my meeting with Kevin, we take a boat to get sand to put on the volleyball/futbol court.  There were probably too many people to bag the sand, but a good number to move the bags.  Then we laid out the dirt (well, more everyone else, I just looked around awkwardly) and fixed the holes.  Afterwards, of course, we had to try it out, so people did and it was really fun to watch people play some good "futbol."

Later, 12 of us went to the tower to watch the sun set.  It was nice to just be there and talk, even if  we didn't see it set so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment